Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

True, but the trades that you and I might have learned in high school are not really relevant to current work needs. When I graduated high school [[1966, GO EAGLES!) the guys in auto shop were working with a 1953 Plymouth. That would be fine for the time, but try to use that skill to fix my current car, with it's computers and whatnot. Most things are much more complex than they were "back in the day", and there isn't enough time in a school day to give adequate voc/ed training. A start, maybe, but not a to the point of being ready to meet many current job requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    True, but the trades that you and I might have learned in high school are not really relevant to current work needs.

So with this notion in mind, I wonder if there shouldnt already be some computer science/IT-based middle/high schools around? I wonder where the investors are?