Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Detroit has a much larger stock of historic buildings than most suburbs. This was most likely a labor of love. Folks that love Wyandotte should band together and make one if they'd enjoy it!
    I think much of this comes from property tax records available for download in city's GIS portals. That doesn't mean they are perfect though. Recently came across a similar map for Chicago and they showed our ballparks as "demolished buildings." This is pretty automated so there's bound to be mistakes.

Not a whole lot of pre-1900s stuff which surprises me

Default pre 1900s...

Well East Dearborn, or rather the Polish and Hungarian [[DelRay) east of east Dearborn has quite a LOT of stuff in the 1880s and 1890s along with Mexican Village. There is even a few Antebellum [[!) meaning before the Civil War. I counted one 1850 and one 1860. The thing to know is that Downtown Detroit is not the oldest because of the cycles of urban renewal there. "up from the ashes" refers to a City Fire that took away all teh 18th century stuff.

They COULD use to solve the "Four color map problem" I cannot tell the different shades of pink so easily