Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

In my opinion, a 4% cut in my pension is acceptable and I could live with it. I think it's highly unfair for the general city retirees to be asked to endure such a heavy cut of 26%, that's huge and could put many people in jeopardy. So far, neither union is agreeing to accept those cuts and will continue to fight. I am absolutely appalled that some of the retirees are using race as a tool to fight, that's ludicrous and I am embarrassed and sorry that happened. To me, that will lose our battle faster than anything.
    Last edited by cla1945; February-25-14 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    In my opinion, a 4% cut in my pension is acceptable and I could live with it. I think it's highly unfair for the general city retirees to be asked to endure such a heavy cut of 26%, that's huge and could put many people in jeopardy. So far, neither union is agreeing to accept those cuts and will continue to fight. I am absolutely appalled that some of the retirees are using race as a tool to fight, that's ludicrous and I, embarrassed and sorry that happened. To me, that will lose our battle faster than anything.
    I appreciate your years of life-threatening public service, and certainly don't deny you your just pension. But things being what they are, wouldn't it make more sense, [[@ least for the DPD/DFD Pensions) to accept the 4% cut and move on? Your Union may or may not win this, and if not, it would certainly incur needless legal expense, and a larger deduction for the pensioners, no? Or is the DFD/DPD Union backing the City Employee Union because it's a "Union" thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I appreciate your years of life-threatening public service, and certainly don't deny you your just pension. But things being what they are, wouldn't it make more sense, [[@ least for the DPD/DFD Pensions) to accept the 4% cut and move on? Your Union may or may not win this, and if not, it would certainly incur needless legal expense, and a larger deduction for the pensioners, no? Or is the DFD/DPD Union backing the City Employee Union because it's a "Union" thing?
    Thank you for saying that, I appreciate the kind remark.
    I don't know what the outcome of this will be. I hope everyone involved makes the right decisions regarding us retirees. We are in the hands of the judges and lawyers. It's a union thing because fighting this injustice is the right thing to do, but more importantly, it's a "human thing".