Terrible news. I thought he was one of the best, if not the best, talk show hosts on Detroit radio. I loved listening to him. He was always so fair and patient, letting all voices have their say and getting to the real issues challenging Detroit. I never heard him speak a mean-spirited word. It made him extremely likable.

His interviews with Detroit's elite were always respectful yet he always asked the hard questions but did it in a manner that was never threatening or accusatory - even when they could have been. In turn he got them to reveal far more.

He also took the time every week to one-by-one list all the shootings and murders and propagating what information existed about the perps and how to report anything to authorities. All those lost souls were not forgotten by him.

To say that he loved and cared about Detroit is almost an understatement. It was more like a passion.

He was a great talent, a Pulitzer Prize winner, and a wonderful human. This is so sad and I express my deepest condolences to his family and his city. We have lost one of our great champions.