Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
Thank you, Jackson. I understand your point. By the way, $30B doesn't go very far in NYC on a transit project! I can see how dream plans can be helpful, like touring luxury homes before renovating your house: you aren't going to build a mansion, but you want some inspiration. I just get tired of the people, who might otherwise be serious, that demand something waaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion with what would work in Detroit. We need to have a way to pay for what we want, and it can't rely on outside sources [[although such money is welcome if we get it). And it also needs to have a realistic chance of getting a good amount of riders when built, with a determined source of the subsidy revenue. The worst thing we could do is build a an elaborate system that doesn't get riders or that we can't afford to keep running [[including during a recession when governments are looking to cut).
Sure, glad I happened to be a lurker on this forum for years and got a chance to respond. I understand what you mean and agree with everything you said above. And yeah, ha, I missed a 0 or two on that New York figure.