Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Slightly related, but I also noticed on the same site that there's photos of numerous buildings across Wyandotte that were probably taken at the same time as the ones 1976 Detroit Urban Conservation Project records, such as one of the Cahalan Building 25 years before it burned down and one of the former Ford City municipal building before it was torn down just 15 years later. Sorry if I tried to hijack this. Also making appearances in several of those photos are the city's old white-on-green street signs [[about two decades before they were all replaced by the current green [[or black)-on-white ones.
    Last edited by mtburb; January-16-14 at 09:19 AM.

Great that these pictures are back up! I just spent another couple of hours with this amazing resource. Thank you to whoever renewed the domain and kept this available.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    Slightly related, but I also noticed on the same site that there's photos of numerous buildings across Wyandotte that were probably taken at the same time as the 1976 Detroit Urban Conservation Project records
    It bears mentioning that there are a significant number of pictures of buildings in Wyandotte there, as well as some of Ecorse and Flat Rock. Also, strangely, Alpena as well as little Almont in Lapeer Co.

Also making appearances in several of those photos are the city's old white-on-green street signs [[about two decades before they were all replaced by the current green [[or black)-on-white ones.
    Just a detail, but white on green is still hereName:  white_on_green.jpg
Views: 1634
Size:  37.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Aud View Post
    Just a detail, but white on green is still here
    Actually, I was mentioning Wyandotte's signs, as seen in this then-and-now comparison...

Default :-)

Actually, I was mentioning Wyandotte's signs, as seen in this then-and-now comparison...
    OK, I'm Norwegian. Now I understand. So nice photos in this thread!

Slightly related, but I also noticed on the same site that there's photos of numerous buildings across Wyandotte that were probably taken at the same time as the ones 1976 Detroit Urban Conservation Project records, such as one of the Cahalan Building 25 years before it burned down and one of the former Ford City municipal building before it was torn down just 15 years later. Sorry if I tried to hijack this. Also making appearances in several of those photos are the city's old white-on-green street signs [[about two decades before they were all replaced by the current green [[or black)-on-white ones.
    The old green and white signs were replaced [[gradually) with the ones you see today during the late 90s/early 2000s.

There was also around the time that they put up those gigantic poster board-size green and white signs along main thoroughfares at intersections with traffic signals.

Name:  2019_11_17_9_54_38.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  151.6 KB