Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
This map has been a very depressing experience for me personally. My late mother lived her last years on the far east side near Balduck Park on Marseilles St. That entire neighborhood was a wonderful place to grow up and raise a family back in the day... sadly today there have been 4 murders within 2000 ft. of her former house JUST IN 2012!!

I don't know... as far as Detroit goes... just fixing 911, beefing up the DPD and DFD, fixing street lights, improving transportation and infrastructure... that alone just isn't going to bring the city neighborhoods back. There's the 'hood rats out there that ruin things for everyone who lives there. Even in a reinvigorated Detroit... that element of the poplulation isn't going away. I am starting to see why so many of my mother's former neighbors now live at 23 Mile Rd....
Just starting to see!?

Never to late. Yes, your last paragraph sums up nicely the way I feel for the true future of Detroit. Unless that element see's the light so to say and makes changes on their own not much is going to change.