Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
This has NOTHING to do with rich people's real estate. Lack of amenities in your house or your neighborhood are not caused by some else's having 2 master suites or all marble fixtures.

If the aesthetics of luxury homes bother you, I suggest not casting your eyes in the direction of House Envy in the Freep. If the politics of luxury homes bothers you, don't build one or buy one. Someone else's taste is not subject to your approval. While my goal is to buy and renovate my family's ancestral house here in Detroit, I am quite certain that a McMansion beats a McSlum any day of the week.
Good LORD, I hope your Ancestral home is not in my hood! You don't belong here if you have no care for your neighbors or their kinder. This is a neighborhood that cares for our children. Certainly there are home issues but as a community we assist in those issues. Frankly, ancestral home sounds pompous. I live in a community where most homes have gone generation to generation.

Everyone seems related to everyone. I am pleased that we have been accepted into the fold. HUMMM... might be because we give a damn about community!

Just what was that snarky comment about anyway? Lack of amenities in MY home, my McSlum and MCslum neighborhood will beat out your dream of renovation of your "ancestral" home. any day of the week.

By all means, move in and with your attitude you would not last a day.