Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
I've lived downtown and Lafayette Park since last September and I have yet to meet a person who moved out of downtown because they didn't like it, inconvenience, etc. I've only met one person who even moved out and that was due to work transfer. Obviously, this is only anecdotal and I'm sure everyone has different experiences.
It's completely anecdotal. I've been downtown for 13 years, and there is a ton of turnover [[including in LP, which tends to shed families with children of school age). There is no net loss, but with typically very small units and few school choices,* the retention possibilities for families and/or affluent people are actually pretty poor. In a sense, turnover is just as bad as outflow.

And in the CBD, at least in terms of unit sizes, it seems awfully "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" when there are huge empty office buildings that realistically will never again be filled with offices. Water, water everywhere.

HB

*I think that on investigation, you might not find Waldorf or Friends aligned with your educational [[or religious) views.