Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
Unless he attracts tens of thousands of visitors who spend millions in Detroit, draws international art acclaim from prestigious museums and universities, attracts almost daily tours of students and art classes from across the metro and beyond and does all this in a neighborhood that would otherwise be a revenue-consuming urban prairie.

If you don't like his art, what is wrong with the business he generates and the positive acclaim and attention to Detroit he creates? What other 'ghetto-hood' does that for the city?

Of the many people who consult me on touring Detroit, almost all know of this project, want to see it, and are delighted with the refreshing, inspiring and idea-challenging experience they have there.

So he doesn't pay taxes then....

Also, I guess I should shutup and blindly believe that the project brings in people that spend millions in Detroit proper.... sure.... because that neighborhood is the one all the developers are fighting for. All that hotel and restaurant congestion is making the commute down Mt. Elliot such a headache.