Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
So with that in mind, if you don't live in the city and have ever used 'they get what they deserve' type comments as it relates to leadership I offer a challenge.

With the list of 160+ City council candidates I ask you to list who you would vote for if you lived in the city. Possibly even a top 3.
It's not a voters job to find out who is on the ballot and do some research on them.
It's the candidates job to reach out to the voters with pamphlets, phone calls, going door to door and by other means. How would someone who doesn't live in the city get this information?

I didn't realize there was going to be a test on this. If I did I would have paid more attention to the candidates and had one of my friends who live in the city show me all the campaign literature they received.

Here are some good rules to follow:

Rule #1. Don't vote for someone whose claim to fame is singing "Jimmy Mack."
If someones notoriety involves an occupation that doesn't involve a lot of thinking they probably shouldn't be on the city council.

Rule #2. If someone previously served in public office and was investigated by the Justice Department and the House Ethics Committee she [[BRC) needs to be one and done. Not voted on city council.

Rule #3. Be careful about voting for someone who is related to a well known politician, especially if you don't know much about them.

A lot of people don't have the spare time to research the candidates?
Not surprising when "a lot" of people don't even have the spare time to vote.