Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I beg to differ. If he was a married man and was in this situation with a high school girl he was mentoring, it would be every bit the story. Regardless of how well he is hiding out, the fact is he took off and has refused to return to even move out of his condo. I mean, there are better ways to deal with a situation like this than that. His own actions have made him look incredibly guilty.

Look he CLEARLY exercised some terrible judgement. However, I image this has more to do with a mother blaming Pugh for her son being gay than it has anything to do with criminal or predatory actions on Pugh's part. Its only in the realm of criminality because of Pugh being a "mentor" and attached to a school [[which is why this was a civil suit...CHA-ching!... in the first place). Had Pugh just met the kid at Starbucks [[16 is the age of consent in Michigan) and engaged in the same activity, there would be no allegations of criminal conduct.
    Sorry, I don't buy that. Legally, he might have been off of the hook, but morally? A man his age having relations with a 16 year old he met @ Four Bucks? I think it would have raised a few eyebrows just the same. Just as if he were hetrosexual, and was lavishing a high school girl with gifts and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Sorry, I don't buy that. Legally, he might have been off of the hook, but morally? A man his age having relations with a 16 year old he met @ Four Bucks? I think it would have raised a few eyebrows just the same. Just as if he were hetrosexual, and was lavishing a high school girl with gifts and money.
    It would have raised some eyebrows, sure... and likely ended in the same fashion; Pugh slinking off into the abyss. HOWEVER, it wouldn't have been criminal.