Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

When the folks behind the push for these bike lanes showed up at one of our Resident's Council meetings a few years back, the first thing I said was, "Get prepared for the hit and runs, folks." If there's one thing I know about a few of my fellow Detroiters, it's that if it stands in the way of what they want, or where they want to go, they will destroy it just to see it obliterated and laugh as they continue on.

Whats even worse is that I've driven by that very spot where this person was run over and shivered while saying to my boyfriend that someone coming out of that neighborhood was going to hit one of our local cyclists.

I've actually heard a person say outloud that if one of those "f****t hipster bike people" rode in front of their car they would run them over. Of course i reminded them that one day it could be their child laying face down in the street. The reply was that they would never allow their kid to ride a bike in the street because streets are supposed to be for cars.

Lord knows Ive been there, hit by a high-on and laying in the street convulsing in a pool of blood in front of my horrified neighbors. Lucky to be alive to tell you guys about it. Probably explains a lot.

The news said the cyclist's body parts were strewn all over the street. God, I pray this person died quickly and never saw it coming.
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; October-08-13 at 11:13 PM.