Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
Thanx for the info. I actually went to court for a trial when I was ticketed for riding in the street, [[Obstructing Traffic), and, with the help of a competent attorney, won. MI State law gives bikers the same rights as automobiles. That being said, I constantly run into bikers, [[NOT literally), that ignore the bike lanes, or aren't in the far right lane, and feel it's they're God-given right TO obstruct traffic. [[last Saturday's Tour De Troit was a classic example) Sharing the road means cooperation and respect from EVERYONE.
I am always seeing bikers who don't follow road rules. For example they go the wrong way down one-way streets, blow through red lights at relatively busy, but not super busy intersections, or do not yield [[this is the most craziest). Not every biker understands that sharing the road also means following the rules of the road. Yeah lots of drivers don't follow the rules either. I guess a lot of education and enforcement needs to happen in order for this to stop.

The Bernstien's are taking NYC to court due to bikers creating hazardous conditions in Central Park this week. At first I thought this was a frivolous lawsuit, but since they brought this to the forefront I have been watching bikers more, and as much as I hate to admit it, they have a point.