Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
when i moved back to Detroit i was younger than 22. I left when I was 6, returned when I was 18 and remained till 26ish. As a young adult I stayed the far east side near Whittier and Harper mostly because it was cheap. Nice 3 bedroom house 300 a month no roommates. Would I do it over? No. Except for Nottingham every block between the freeway and Kelly along Whittier was occupied and kept. Over that time I had couple break-ins, a armed home invasion & mugged twice near home. Home invasion was the final straw. Scared the shit out of me, guys with guns convinced there was a bunch of $$$ in the house & all I had was rent. Failed experiment... And this is before the public service meltdown.
If i was a student at WSU or CCS and 22-26 I might consider living near campus or downtown. Thats about all
.... Rex, not wanting to laugh at your misfortune, but I seriously hope you "had words" with your home invaders. Tell them to go back to Crook School and get re-trained or demand a refund [[at knife point). A young guy living in sub-standard accommodation got robbed by a bunch of dicks thinking they'd stumbled on a potential goldmine ?!?