Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
United Sound Studio and that awesome little college/hippie enclave on Fourth St. Don't see why that project is at all necessary. It seems like a massive waste to me.
I totally agree KJ5....totally unnecessary and stubborn headed, this I-94 expansion project. We've been fighting them off for decades, and their projected cost estimate is laughable. I don't know where they're getting the monies for this project, but I think they would be better off spent on repairing/repaving existing freeway stretches. They didn't take into account the cost of acquiring all the privately owned land....relocating the residents....and the lies they tell to persuade the bobble heads is simply amazing. There is at least one charter school [[in the Fourth St. neighborhood) that would be destroyed, and it's VERY full and operational. Yes, that little neighborhood is a vital part of Wayne State University student housing, and a Detroit original. How many iconic areas and/or buildings can be disappeared from the landscape of this City, including the United Sound Studio, before it is no longer Detroit, but something else entirely ? Besides displacing scores of residents who have stuck by this City through thick and thin, good times and bad. We DIDN'T LEAVE....why are you now FORCING US OUT ??!!! It just doesn't make any sense, especially to expand a freeway through a City with a diminishing population. Somebody[[s) just wanna pocket some cash. Another scam, another corrupt set-up, only to be exposed twenty, thirty years from now when it's too late. Idiots all.