Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Detroit is going to come back like it or not.Younger people want to live and work in cities this is a nationwide trend.The days of buying a big house in the outer burbs are over few can afford that anymore,this shift toward walkable,bikable,transit cites will transform Detroit.The suburbs of Metro Detroit will become the new areas for those who cant afford to stay in Detroit .

I am not blind to our blight or issues. My point is pitch in. That is not hyperbole. certainly I have opinions, but I put my mouth, mind and money into this city. Our block club has roughly 2K in our budget. We are looking for a young neighborhood teenager to do weekly cleanups of the field by the corner gas station, the litter is disgusting. We try hard to educate youth about litter. Some sticks some doesn't. Point is, we try.

Neighborhoods have lost out on city dollars since CAY days. I could do a dissertation on this but my college days are long ago. "Our kids" deserve so much better. Little Diamond down the street had a birthday, her "parents" did nothing. Neighbors gave her a little party.

There is so much wrong with city culture but I prefer to look at what is right and build on that. I am serious, amazing neighbors and I do live in a very real neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Gentrification in multiple neighborhoods around the city, is how the city will come back
    I agree totally, I dont think many realize how much work has been done on certain specific areas of the city while others are rotting away,, Just looking at my own area downtown, Lafayette Park, and walking around the areas around Dali in the Alley last night and visiting friends lofts, I am amazed at what has been done and is going on in certain areas, Absolutely beautiful,,,however other areas of the city are wallowing in decay. I think this is our new reality of Detroit.. However, I will take that over what has gone in Detroit in previous years anyday.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5