Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Wish I woould have taken the time to photograph all that, Damn. I wonder if that hand painted sign is still around somewhere.

Ima gonna try and make it there later today.

I have my chairs folded and ready. I take each day at a time, so church first then we'll see. Serious surprised we have never heard of this. Ron adores all music, and his opera was driving me nuts today.

Kind of reminds me of the 70's when there was bands that played in a vacant field near WSU. Some band, I forget who, liked to toss Boones Farm bottles out and I got nailed in the head. I was serious pissed.

[QUOTE=sumas;39854}
    Kind of reminds me of the 70's when there was bands that played in a vacant field near WSU. Some band, I forget who, liked to toss Boones Farm bottles out and I got nailed in the head. I was serious pissed.[/QUOTE]

Not that I ever threw a Boones Farm bottle, but wow, that brings back some memories of the 60's and early 70's. Don't mean to thread jack, just brought back some memories.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Not that I ever threw a Boones Farm bottle, but wow, that brings back some memories of the 60's and early 70's. Don't mean to thread jack, just brought back some memories.
    Ok, old guy, help me out, what band was it that did the bottle thing. I assume you played with some bands cause you said you never threw bottles. Had loads of friends back in the day that played. Some successful, some not.

Again, its my husband who is the big music person. I can't sing or even whistle. We even have a room in our house we call the music room. We have donated most of his instruments to kids programs but we still have a dulcimer, an ordinary guitar, a fabulous classic Rickenbacker, harmonicas and a great piano.

Getting back to thread, we do have friends who made it in the music world big time and I will tell them what a great venue this is and hope to connect them with the organizer, These artists are Detroit bred and would have no issues with free performance if its a great feel.

They mostly live out of state now, but are here to see family on occasion.

It really was a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Hey old guy, we had great music venues back then too. My only other odd memory besides getting whacked with a bottle, was that was an only time I took a drug for fun/recreation. Forget what it supposed to be but it was LSD. terrible experience never did that again.