Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

[QUOTE=PeachLaser;394804]Hi MTM, no, this is not my theory but one that was presented to me by a highly-respected professor during my studies. I presented this theory here in a fashion that I am asking those who used to work on the lines and now work on the lines for their comments to either support or disprove this theory. Your comments are duly noted. But, I might point out that your comments are also hearsay.

I have seen threads on DYS talking about the realities of working on the lines and some of them sounded like it was a hellish position, at times. So, while I have not talked to these people directly, I have read their many comments.

Things have changed and I wonder how dramatically? Like you, many of my family moved from the farms of the South to work in the Ford plants. They are all gone now so I can not ask them. My grandfather was actually killed in a 1939 Ford Roadster as it was being taken from the factory back to a dealership in the South after he had visited his kids that all worked in the plants.

I also wish I could ask my Father why he chose to leave Detroit in 1952? I have my theories but nothing concrete.[/

Actually my comments are not hearsay they came directly from my family members who worked over 30 years in the plant. You say you have not talked to anyone who worked in an auto plant. Do you know if your highly respected professor ever visited a plant or talked to anyone who worked in one? A lot of people use this forum for their research projects. Maybe instead of picking our brains for information you should go out and meet and talk to some of the people you are researching. IMO that theory needs work.
    Last edited by MidTownMs; July-21-13 at 07:09 PM.