Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

We need to seriously reassess public opinion regarding weed. First and foremost, the plant provides medicinal and textile benefits. The public has been blasted with misinformation and fear campaigns for years. It's about time a healthy debate was provided to all people so they may cast their own conclusions free of interference and agenda.

I also find myself returning to the age old question of; How is it that this substance occurs naturally on our planet, yet we demonize its existence. At the same time we have propped up the prescription industry with subsidies and an oligopolistic marketplace, and created a super-highway for these illicit drugs to reach our children at an alarming rate. Just another glaring example of the hands of gov't and BIG BIZ washing each other.

I'm a believer of "It's only a matter of time", yet I know if will be a long, uphill journey before our society learns to accept this subject. In related terms, our society has made great strides within the Civil Rights realm, so this should be turn key for us. I'm also looking directly at the changing of the guard when baby boomers no longer have such pull with our social lawmakers. If it doesn't happen in the next five years, the gen x/millenials will certainly finish the job in the following five.
    Last edited by TKshreve; July-11-13 at 09:09 AM.