Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

215/1339 Clinton was on the north side of the street between Rivard and Russell, roughly where Nicolet Pl. in Lafayette Park is today. On the 1897 Sanborn map it appears as a dwelling. By the next map, in 1922, the dwelling appears to have been replaced by a small factory taking up the entire lot that is labelled as "auto upholstery mfg." The location was across the street and just to the west of the old Clinton School.

Here is an 1881 picture of the school from the Burton Historical collection that appears to have been taken from very near the address in question.

Last edited by EastsideAl; May-21-13 at 08:32 AM.

Eastside Al and Brock7....Thank YOU!!! I had found the David Roberts name but thought that was 1331, could just have been the copy/image I was looking at. My family was there from mid 1860s to 1889 or 1890. I love this photo, like stepping back in time. The family would have walked on that side walk! Excellent help, thanks again.