Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Danny, she is just trying to put a sign on a street. I think that can be accomplished.

Now that everyone knows where you Dad's shop was Marsha, maybe people will start posing in that spot. It would be good to accumulate as many old pictures as you can, put them in a folder on facebook or somewhere, and people can start posing there now, and those can go in there too. The next guitar I make, I'm going to pose there.

If it catches on, it can be part of your presentation.

Good luck with your project Marsha. It sounds like a great idea. I've always found it a bit unseemly that the city was in such a hurry back in the late '50s and early '60s to blot Hastings from the map. To my knowledge, after the building of the Chrysler Fwy. and the renaming of the service drive, along with the renaming of the remaining portion south of Jefferson [[as Schweizer Pl.), all that was left of Hastings was a few isolated industrial blocks between the Ford Fwy. and Grand Blvd.