Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    So is this the major tech company coming to Detroit? http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...ing-to-Detroit
    I certainly hope not.

If it isn't: sweet, can't wait to hear what's next.
    If it is: womp womp.

If one is pro-Detroit, one must be pro-business to some degree, right? That doesn't mean one must dig strip malls lined with national chain stores. This leads me to ask, does Detroit have food trucks yet or has city council once again shown their aversion to small businesses by putting a kabosh on permits for such chow wagons that are so common out here in Portland?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    If one is pro-Detroit, one must be pro-business to some degree, right? That doesn't mean one must dig strip malls lined with national chain stores. This leads me to ask, does Detroit have food trucks yet or has city council once again shown their aversion to small businesses by putting a kabosh on permits for such chow wagons that are so common out here in Portland?
    Detroit has had food trucks since I moved out here last summer. It's not just Portland; they are pretty common everywhere. Here in Detroit, there's Mac Shack, El Guapo Grill, the Beignet truck, Concrete Cuisine, Dago Joe's, and Green Zebra off the top of my head. They have food truck rallies here in downtown and up in New Center during the week, and there are always food trucks at Eastern Market on the weekends.