Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

OHMIGOD! Does this mean that the television show is cancelled?

Buy American Guest

Conyers will fight to stay on clownsil until the bitter end...after all, she IS looking out for the best interest of the citizens of the City of Detroit and she is as cocky and arrogant as thug KK was and still is.
    What a joke this administration is. Thieves, extortionists, and God knows what else they are all involved in. Reeves in England performing while the City Clownsil votes on water rate hikes....what the hell??? Isn't being a clownsil member a full time job? The Feds need to come in and clean house and get the City up and running again. Where is Bing? Getting acquainted with how to run the City? Maybe he should have done that before he ran for office.

Wasn't Locke09 posting the other week that MonCon wasn't going to go down on this? He/she needs to get better sources.

At least we don't need a special election to replace her. Just for fun though, I think I'll cast a vote for her in August since she'll still be on the ballot.

FBI Special Agent in charge Andy Arena: "This is not the beginning and it's certainly not the end. We know who you are, and we are coming after you."

Yeah baby! This is just starting to get goooood...

Hopefully, some sane mind will tell Ms. Conyers that for the sake of her name and family, she will resign from Council. If she thinks that staying on the City Council is good for the city, she is dead wrong. The fact that Conyers' seat isn't forfeited upon her pleading guilty gives great cause to change the city charter.

Just made my day!!

So will any audio/video tape involving Conyers be released or will that be sealed?

Who's he trying to fool? He hasn't been this happy in decades.

June 26, 2009

Conyers' husband: This is 'trying time'

FREE PRESS STAFFCongressman John Conyers, the husband of Council President Pro Tem Monica Conyers, who just pleaded guilty in a federal bribery probe, just released the following statement:
    "This has been a trying time for the Conyers family and with hope and prayer they will make it through as a family. Public officials must expect to be held to the highest ethical and legal standard. With this in mind, Mr. Conyers wants to work toward helping his family and city recover from this serious matter."
    It’s not immediately clear where John Conyers is this morning.

Ten to one he's having one hell of a party this morning. Either that or he's sleeping off last night's celebration.

I love that warm, heartfelt statement from the Congressman.

I'm a bit surprised to see the US Attorney's statment that no other council members will be charged in this case.

1. does anyone have the complete exact quote from "Andy" the agent, where he says something about them hiding under the bed etc.?

2. MC will probably stay on CC a bit longer, so she can continue to fight for detroit and the cobo deal, that she wants to finish the fight she started. Watson pro tem? OMG.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Wasn't Locke09 posting the other week that MonCon wasn't going to go down on this? He/she needs to get better sources.
    Never said that at all.

In response to someone asking what is taking them so long to get the "big names", I believe I said "maybe there are no big names to get." I speculated that maybe only the intermediaries received money and had no proof that they had passed it on to others. Never said Monica wasn't going down. And never claimed to have any sources on anything related to this.

I try not to be so adamant about what absolutely is or is not going to happen on any issue. That's why I objected when someone said there was no way the Cobo deal was going to be renegotiated or altered at all. It's usually best not to be so absolute.

We all need to contact Sheila Cockrels office and ask her to reconsider running in November. It was generally regarded as the ludicrous fights and verbal attacks from Conyers was a major reason for exiting. She was just fed up.

Want to revise your comments?

"Here's another possibility. There are no big names to indict.

Maybe the only people who accepted any money were the staff of the elected officials. Maybe they did accept that money on behalf of the "big names", but on the other hand, maybe they kept it for themselves. Maybe they just took advantage of their positions and relationships with the big names to line their own pockets with the bribes. Maybe they lied to Synagro about getting the money for the officials. It's starting to look like the federal government has no information or evidence that any big names took any money themselves. Why else would they let Rayford Jackson off like that?"

Ravine Guest

Gosh, DetroitBill, thanks for the call to arms.
    Got anything else that we all need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Want to revise your comments?

"Here's another possibility. There are no big names to indict.

Maybe the only people who accepted any money were the staff of the elected officials. Maybe they did accept that money on behalf of the "big names", but on the other hand, maybe they kept it for themselves. Maybe they just took advantage of their positions and relationships with the big names to line their own pockets with the bribes. Maybe they lied to Synagro about getting the money for the officials. It's starting to look like the federal government has no information or evidence that any big names took any money themselves. Why else would they let Rayford Jackson off like that?"
    Thanks for finding the quote. I was looking for it.

No, I definitely don't want to revise my comments. The quote you so graciously found says just what I said it did. I don't understand how you don't see that. I said it was a possiblity, not an absolute definite reality that there were no big names to indict. I said maybe the fed govt has no evidence any big names took money for themselves. I said what it was "starting to look like", not what it, "according to my sources", really was. In other words, I speculated, like everyone else did until today, even those who guessed right. That's why a "maybe" preceded every sentence. I'm very careful, when I'm just speculating, to qualify my sentences.

Now, in the interest of fairness, you should find all your Cobo quotes about the deal never being renegotiated and there not being any changes the legislature and suburbs would be willing to make and just flat out blasting me for even suggesting there were things that could be done to make the deal more palatable.

Just hang in there,,,<g> we will be all be fine if we do.

Default John Conyers: Example of a double standard?

Anytime a male politician gets into trouble, his wife is there to support him. Why wasn't John Conyers there to support his wife? What we may think about her and what she did shouldn't matter. As a man, he should have been there for his wife.

He's a politician first [[aren't they all?). And when your wife is convicted of bribery in connection to her public office, you distance yourself. That's my take...

It is called distancing yourself. Notice how all the headlines are "Detroit official pleads guilty" and not "U.S. Congressman John Conyer's wife pleads guilty?"

Michael Jackson has also helped out MonCon today.

DONKEY: So where is this fiery-breathing pain-in-the-neck anyway?

SHREK: Inside. Waiting for us to rescue her. DONKEY: I was talking about the dragon, Shrek

Actually ABCNews.com's headline reads: "Judiciary Chairman's Wife Pleads Guilty to Bribery"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast