Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

So you have hedge funds betting on the market being renters and home builders betting on the market to be buyers,interesting.

The survey reads that the millennial is the largest group in the nations history which kinda confuses me when we have been told that the boomers were the largest market in history,which one is it?

I sell sheep I think you should buy one now because they are only going up in value.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    So you have hedge funds betting on the market being renters and home builders betting on the market to be buyers,interesting.

The survey reads that the millennial is the largest group in the nations history which kinda confuses me when we have been told that the boomers were the largest market in history,which one is it?

I sell sheep I think you should buy one now because they are only going up in value.
    Nicely put.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The average family has 2.5 kids or so. The millennials are the children of the boomers. Add to this that immigration has added to the boomer population. In addition the boomers mostly missed large wars killing them off before they could have kids [[granted some at the fringe may have had Vietnam). It is relatively simple math when you have knowledge of all of the variables

Vitalis, It would stand to reason that developers building in Detroit would not need to worry about putting in as much infrastructure [[streets, water, sewers) as they would in a greenfield. It is already there and is underutilized. It is sized for smaller lots. No way will millennials be able to afford huge homes in large numbers.

What I am asking is a relatively simple question, not trashing Pulte, not trashing the suburbs, but for some good ideas in how to tap this market. I am assuming that those that post on this site have a fair number of millennials. What do they want? Detroit has an opportunity here, we have a lot of resources to offer developers, but we have obvious problems.

Here is USA Today's take on this: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...-dead/2029379/

How do we solve this so we can tap into the market?
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; April-02-13 at 09:37 PM.