Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
I'm confused. There were several articles published online today between the Freep and Detnews that indicated that Bing was tentatively onboard with the Council's 11th hour counter-proposal. Then by this evening i'm hearing on WWJ that all of a sudden Bing is openly saying to just let it go. Very bizarre day.
Bing was on board with disputing the facts that led the advisory board to recommend a financial emergency. He even said that he believed that an EM was unnecessary and the wrong decision. But he stopped short of stating that he would fight the decision with due process.

Those are not inconsistent positions. There's a difference between disagreeing with the decision and fighting it all kicking and screaming all the way to the Supreme Court. For example, would it be worth tying up everything in court all the way to Washington for the next 24-36 months, paralyzed to do anything at all while the city runs out of money?

While I'm totally on board with the idea of Chapter 9 bankruptcy, remember that you can make a very good case that it won't be any better on the city. In fact, the time and money spent in court might actually make things worse.