Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Gov. Snyder made it clear this morning on WJR's Paul W. Smith show that Mitt was never on his list of Detroit EM candidates, so it's not going to happen.
    If I remember correctly, he also 'made it clear' at one point that he would never pass Right to Work legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by SMRJim View Post
    If I remember correctly, he also 'made it clear' at one point that he would never pass Right to Work legislation.
    Politics.

He passed RTW in exchanged for the RTA, which the legislature would have never passed otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Politics.

He passed RTW in exchanged for the RTA, which the legislature would have never passed otherwise.
    Yeah, that's what I thought.

Also, I thought Snyder said it wasn't his "agenda." I don't believe that it was. The Republican legislature pushed that through. He did sign it, but I don't consider everything he signs his agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought.

Also, I thought Snyder said it wasn't his "agenda." I don't believe that it was. The Republican legislature pushed that through. He did sign it, but I don't consider everything he signs his agenda.
    Funny how people pick on Snyder for this 'agenda' change. He's probably the most transparent politician I've ever seen. Did his agenda change? No. Did he sign it. Yes. He practically begged his fellow Repubs to not push RTW. He practically begged dems to stop the constitutional initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Funny how people pick on Snyder for this 'agenda' change. He's probably the most transparent politician I've ever seen. Did his agenda change? No. Did he sign it. Yes. He practically begged his fellow Repubs to not push RTW. He practically begged dems to stop the constitutional initiative.
    Your own statement contradicts your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    You need to contact Snyder. Maybe he'll give you a job in his administration, since you're one of his biggest cheerleaders. I hope the "divisive" Snyder is a "One Term Nerd".