Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

forget the 2 hour lunches.
    the report says absent for 30 days each year.

ask yourself this question, if you took 30 paid "sick days" + whatever the vacations in one year, would you still have a job?
    now do that for three years in a row?
    absolute sham.

btw if you think charlie leduff could get his 'gotcha' journalism to surprise matty, maybe on his yacht? or his helocopter? or maybe in some executive washroom? he might get a lot of footage of matty walking away and bodyguards smashing his camera. maybe he finally compiles a report for fox2 and then matty makes a lil phone call to his buddy rupert murdoch and that report never gets aired.

sure, leduff could try going after the billionaire. but theres a reason you dont see many reports of billionaires in the news. that reason is bodyguards, police, lawyers, ppos and restraining orders. you seen any reports of these bankers who get bonuses? any names named? rich white guys have rich white guy laws, and the laws say back off.

compn, a lot of the really rich have their staff do the dirty work. I am hoping with our age of computers, cell phone cameras and other devices, these lazy civil servants will start behaving. If the media and law enforcement can catch 10 % more than 10 years ago, that is a start. We need a new day , a new age and awareness that people have to start cleaning up their act in society. Sounds a little too optimistic , but to not believe is to give up. If anyone comes before Judge Miller's court and finds her tardy or absent, hope they call the media or her boss. This story must be getting some attention. LeDuff is on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    btw if you think charlie leduff could get his 'gotcha' journalism to surprise matty, maybe on his yacht? or his helocopter? or maybe in some executive washroom? he might get a lot of footage of matty walking away and bodyguards smashing his camera. maybe he finally compiles a report for fox2 and then matty makes a lil phone call to his buddy rupert murdoch and that report never gets aired.
    Oh, he didn't even try. He did a total blow job of an interview with Matty, tossing softball questions and being super-respectful like the toady he is.

Jealous much?

There used to be so many great journalist and news people in town. Things have changed. Today it sensationalized or humorous news that gets the viewer. LeDuff is pure humor to me. It's fun to exploit a judge like that, but a serious piece on Matty is boring. That's just the nature of the business.

Just think, if the abuse by Cylenthia Miller has gotten this far..... what and who else is taking liberties with the system as well?

The complacency of the people involved is downright disgusting. Has Cylenthia made a public statement of any kind yet?

And these are the people we've elected to lead us. A judge no less..... integrity, justice and honor - not quite.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    There used to be so many great journalist and news people in town. Things have changed. Today it sensationalized or humorous news that gets the viewer. LeDuff is pure humor to me. It's fun to exploit a judge like that, but a serious piece on Matty is boring. That's just the nature of the business.
    C'mon kenp, you can't be serious with that post. She misses 53 days of work last year??? Maybe I've had the wrong kind of jobs, but other then govenment, I don't think there's another place out there where the person wouldn't be fired, or @ least demoted for that. Besides the defendants, there are court appointed attorneys, prosecuters, cops, etc., all on the clock, [[read tax payer monies), sitting there for hours @ a time, waiting for her to show up or return from lunch. We post about cutting off pensions, cops, firefighter salaries, how about someone who doesn't seem to be taking her job and salary, [[$140K a YEAR) too seriously? As far as LeDuff goes, He's entertaining, but he DOES fulfill a need. When he gets too carried away, he can be a bit annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    C'mon kenp, you can't be serious with that post. She misses 53 days of work last year??? Maybe I've had the wrong kind of jobs, but other then govenment, I don't think there's another place out there where the person wouldn't be fired, or @ least demoted for that. Besides the defendants, there are court appointed attorneys, prosecuters, cops, etc., all on the clock, [[read tax payer monies), sitting there for hours @ a time, waiting for her to show up or return from lunch. We post about cutting off pensions, cops, firefighter salaries, how about someone who doesn't seem to be taking her job and salary, [[$140K a YEAR) too seriously? As far as LeDuff goes, He's entertaining, but he DOES fulfill a need. When he gets too carried away, he can be a bit annoying.

Absolutely yes, he does fulfill a need and the fact is not too long ago, those good journalists kenp mentions might not have had the guts to confront a judge. The style may be humorous to some degree but the investigative parts are still there. He does examine her log, and follows her on her "workday".

What bugs me the most is her demeanor. When the guard admonished her and Charlie talked to her her expression spoke volumes. She clearly doesn't give a F. She should be removed immediately

Not too many other local journalists have their books reviewed in both the New York Times Sunday Book Review and the Wall Street Journal. Yet both ran serious reviews of LeDuff's latest book within the last two weeks.He is a very serious and respected journalist with a few blemishes in his past.His model is not what people are used to! that's good. He gets attention for his stories and they are a new model of news on video.I think he has a lot of gravitas and we are lucky to have him digging in the dark corners.
    Last edited by SWMAP; March-01-13 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Jealous much?
    Ah, that takes me way back. I remember high school well. It was fun to be one of the punk kids who expressed individuality in clothes and musical taste, concerned with ideas and challenging convention and authority. Naturally, we didn't like the jocks, for very real reasons: groupthink, poor taste in music, bullying, conformity, crude attitudes toward women and generally slavish obeisance to authority.

And I remember what some would say when they didn't want to deal with any of those inconvenient criticisms.

We were jealous.

Yes, that's right: We were jealous of the people we abhorred.

Thanks for that trip down memory lane, man. I haven't thought of those days in quite a while.

Nice deflection.

If only you knew someone who was a writer, who had access to the local press, who could research and write a story such as that which you wish LeDuff had done. If only...

Nah, just pitch an internet bitchfest about an infinitely more recognized, celebrated and talented writer, despite all his faults.

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    Nice deflection.

If only you knew someone who was a writer, who had access to the local press, who could research and write a story such as that which you wish LeDuff had done. If only...

Nah, just pitch an internet bitchfest about an infinitely more recognized, celebrated and talented writer, despite all his faults.
    Hate to point it out, but the deflecting is done by those who disregard the criticisms, not by the one who makes them, or points out that they are being disregarded.

Have a nice day!

Nice denial.

Maybe LeDuff should run for mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Maybe LeDuff should run for mayor.
    I don't think he's qualified to be Mayor, but I don't think he's a total ass-clown either.

I hope LeDuff stays around WJBK for a while. His style is a little unusual. He gets a little full of himself at times, but I think his heart and soul are in the right place. He has some talent for digging up things about bad people. I am glad he has been doing stories about what is wrong with this area. Some good news would be nice too. LeDuff's story has opened some eyes to a bad judge, that was needed.

Charlie LeDuff is growing on me.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Agreed, but very slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Jeez, have you seen anyone for that?

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Someone got in a lot of trouble a few years ago for referring to 36th District as a "ghetto court." the speaker meant ethnically insular and walled off from, in this specific reference, the common management and functioning of most courts.
    That person lost herjob for the description.
    My view is that the crowd of 8 Black women judges on the court are a plague for Detroit. Just look at them with their hair and nails and furs. They are elected by churches and they distribute justice that keeps them popular with the neighborhoods where all the boys are always "good boys."
    In Inkster Judge Sylvia James got caught. Hopefully Judge Milller will get found out for something bigger than being a pig at the public trough.
    Her name is Kathleen Leavey.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    That 'someone' was a city attorney, and one of my absolute favorite customer memories from my time at Eph's Deli. She would often come in later in the day, so we'd have time to chat a bit. I knew she was in a pressure-cooker...and she was railroaded out over telling the truth.
    Her name is Kathleen Leavey.

Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-02-13 at 12:29 AM.

Filed under: Just throwing this out there

I've always wonder if folks like the plagiarizer LeDuff and the others on local .... ahem .... "news" shows ever had a few drinks at lunch, between newscasts at those fancy charity events they always go to, perhaps indulge in a nip or three while on the clock from their office drawer, hit Target while out ENG'ing or something like that. Because it seems to me that these people are as pure as the driven snow. All of he fluff on these local "news" stations is worse than public access.

Actually, I take that back -- I don't want to offend public access.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    Filed under: Just throwing this out there

I've always wonder if folks like the plagiarizer LeDuff and the others on local .... ahem .... "news" shows ever had a few drinks at lunch, between newscasts at those fancy charity events they always go to, perhaps indulge in a nip or three while on the clock from their office drawer, hit Target while out ENG'ing or something like that.

Well, if you can bring some evidence to that effect, fine. If all you are trying to do is leveling the playing field, then think again about how miserable the situation really is. How can you compare a court judge delaying trials and costing the public way more than her salary by the way, to a bunch of journalists on an extended liquid lunch?

trial lawyers are the ones making a buck, justice as LeDuff says is being denied, and the awful fact that nobody dares go against a judge or a court official for obvious reasons; that' what's at stake here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast