Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

This statement kills MDOT in court, because it's very similar to the actions that MDOT accuses the DIBC of. They took punitive action first, and now they're asking for permission to do it. Sound familiar?

“Because they have taken these unilateral actions to just take city property like 23rd Street and Riverside Park we were concerned that they would just overnight would come in and take part of service drive and so we had to store it somewhere and we figured we my as we’ll store it in a place where we can protect the public’s interest.”

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    This statement kills MDOT in court, because it's very similar to the actions that MDOT accuses the DIBC of. They took punitive action first, and now they're asking for permission to do it. Sound familiar?

“Because they have taken these unilateral actions to just take city property like 23rd Street and Riverside Park we were concerned that they would just overnight would come in and take part of service drive and so we had to store it somewhere and we figured we my as we’ll store it in a place where we can protect the public’s interest.”
    Yes but MDOT didn't take anybody else's land in order to do it. They're certainly free to dump dirt on their own land especially in the middle of a construction zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaho View Post
    Yes but MDOT didn't take anybody else's land in order to do it. They're certainly free to dump dirt on their own land especially in the middle of a construction zone.

The problem isn't that they dumped dirt. The problem for them will be the statement as to why they dumped the dirt. In subsequent statements they've given other explanations that have been cleaner, but this particular statement was the one given first. And it was stated before the legal action was taken. I'm in no way stating that the DIBC has nothing to answer for, I'm just stating that MDOT has chosen to do what may be the right thing in a dirty way. No pun intended.