Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
I think the residency of George Jackson does matter. If he is the head of a organization that focuses on development in the city of Detroit, then he should live here. However, it's a small issue compared to his lack of vision and reign as head of the DEGC. The Tiger Stadium site debacle is enough for me to say this guy is not right for the job. This whole thing with the Parade Company wanting to build on the site is ludicrous. The fact that he doesn't get how sacred the site is to many Metro Detroiters is the nail in the coffin for me. He has got to go.
I was with the Parade Company for years. This was during more lucrative years in Detroit, and their financing was always on shaky ground. Unless I'm missing something, I find it unusual that they now have enough cash flow to construct a Parade Company specific building. There are hundreds of empty warehouse like buildings throughout the City, in good condition, that could be revamped more cost effectively to meet their needs. Something doesn't seem right about this.