Quote Originally Posted by daveyarm View Post
I cannot believe how badly people are misinterpreting his remark about Palmer Woods not being Detroit. Of course he knows it is geographically located in our city. What he meant was that Palmer Woods [[and Rosedale and Indian Village, etc.) are not typical neighborhoods. They are the elite few, while most Detroiters struggle with neighborhoods that are grossly substandard.
Of course he knows, and of course we know he knows. The audacity is him making a statement that Palmer Woods isn't a "real" Detroit area. Instant segregation and alienation. I had the good fortune of being invited to a Holiday event in Indian Village. As I slid through a stop sign and intersection, I was amazed the City didn't run a salt truck down the streets. People @ the gathering told me it's always like that in the winter, and that most nights, there are no streetlights. Not that I feel people there are more deserving then in other neighborhoods, but those people are paying a lot of City taxes for not getting basic services. I wonder if the same thing goes on in Palmer Woods, Sherwood Forest, etc?