Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I cannot believe how badly people are misinterpreting his remark about Palmer Woods not being Detroit. Of course he knows it is geographically located in our city. What he meant was that Palmer Woods [[and Rosedale and Indian Village, etc.) are not typical neighborhoods. They are the elite few, while most Detroiters struggle with neighborhoods that are grossly substandard.

Quote Originally Posted by daveyarm View Post
    I cannot believe how badly people are misinterpreting his remark about Palmer Woods not being Detroit. Of course he knows it is geographically located in our city. What he meant was that Palmer Woods [[and Rosedale and Indian Village, etc.) are not typical neighborhoods. They are the elite few, while most Detroiters struggle with neighborhoods that are grossly substandard.
    Of course he knows, and of course we know he knows. The audacity is him making a statement that Palmer Woods isn't a "real" Detroit area. Instant segregation and alienation. I had the good fortune of being invited to a Holiday event in Indian Village. As I slid through a stop sign and intersection, I was amazed the City didn't run a salt truck down the streets. People @ the gathering told me it's always like that in the winter, and that most nights, there are no streetlights. Not that I feel people there are more deserving then in other neighborhoods, but those people are paying a lot of City taxes for not getting basic services. I wonder if the same thing goes on in Palmer Woods, Sherwood Forest, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    As I slid through a stop sign and intersection, I was amazed the City didn't run a salt truck down the streets. People @ the gathering told me it's always like that in the winter, and that most nights, there are no streetlights. Not that I feel people there are more deserving then in other neighborhoods, but those people are paying a lot of City taxes for not getting basic services. I wonder if the same thing goes on in Palmer Woods, Sherwood Forest, etc?
    Yes, it does. Palmer Woods, Sherwood Forest, and University District neighborhood associations pay for snow removal [[in addition to what the city does).

I'm not buying what your selling

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic View Post
    I'm not buying what your selling
    If that was aimed at me, I was telling Honky Wonk about my initial accusation...the difference between 8235 and 7024 in the grid was less than a mile, and anything under 8000 was across Tireman, in Dearborn.

Not a problem residence for a county sheriff, but a huge one for a guy running for mayor.

Turns out the numbering of Oakman, which meanders through the Aviation subdivision [[designed and developed by Robert Oakman, if I've got my history right) on its way from Highland Park to the Rouge Complex, is different than the rest of the grid.

Spent my formative years within blocks of Benny's residence, and never knew until now that the numbers on the houses were different than streets one block over!

Cheers