Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

My experience in dealing with City Hall from a business standpoint has pretty much been a disaster. But its not the staff. Its the system.

What's your experience with the system. Why are all city departments in trouble?
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; December-29-12 at 12:16 PM.

Garbage pickup is good. Here in EEV we also have curbside recycling, which is also very good. The only problem with garbage is the lack of bulk pickup, which results in so much illegal dumping.

The only other oddity I encountered with garbage pickup was that I managed to obliterate my courville. Shit happens, especially when you're an idiot, and I was willing to pay for it. The only way to get a new one was to mail in a money order [[come on!) and once they receive it they ship a new one. It didn't take too long, but the mailing in a money order struck me as both terribly out-of-date and rather ghetto.

I've also had good luck calling DPW about missing stop signs and street signs.

Everything else blows. Yes, the libraries are a mess.

DWSD sucks. I called them when I wasn't getting a water bill. They told me I didn't have a water meter. I told them I was staring right at it. They then had to send someone out to gaze upon my water meter [[in my basement, so I had to be home during some stupid hours) in order to verify it existed.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Garbage pickup is good. Here in EEV we also have curbside recycling, which is also very good. The only problem with garbage is the lack of bulk pickup, which results in so much illegal dumping.

The only other oddity I encountered with garbage pickup was that I managed to obliterate my courville. Shit happens, especially when you're an idiot, and I was willing to pay for it. The only way to get a new one was to mail in a money order [[come on!) and once they receive it they ship a new one. It didn't take too long, but the mailing in a money order struck me as both terribly out-of-date and rather ghetto.

I've also had good luck calling DPW about missing stop signs and street signs.

Everything else blows. Yes, the libraries are a mess.

DWSD sucks. I called them when I wasn't getting a water bill. They told me I didn't have a water meter. I told them I was staring right at it. They then had to send someone out to gaze upon my water meter [[in my basement, so I had to be home during some stupid hours) in order to verify it existed.
    Garbage Pick-Up is OK. Ultimately, my trash cans are dumped.

My beef is, if they don't show up on garbage day which has been happening lately, they show up very late in the evening.