Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Why does it always come down to being broke or it is easy to say that I guess.

"City officials are more than two years behind in spending Community Development Block Grants [[CDBG), which can be used to demolish abandoned houses, revitalize neighborhoods and create new jobs.

Detroit receives about $33 million in CDBD funding per year. Because Detroit is now in its third year of failing to spend the money, funds have accumulated to nearly $70 million. If they do not spend the money by May 2, they could lose more money and future grants.

The city has already been accused of mismanaging other grant funds, forced to return $9.2 million in funding for home weatherization and misusing $3 million in grants intended for the poor. The federal government has also required the city to return nearly $10 million for failin to spend any money on the Head Start early childhood education program since 2005.

Detroit Mayor Dave Bing said the city inherited old technology and a mismanaged grant system.

http://commongood2012.org/news/detro...-mismanagement

How does a city inherit old technology? is that kinda like somebody passed away and gave the city a commodore 64 in their will??
    Whether it's "entitled" city residents and employees, or old computers, you can bet it is somebody else's fault - anyone but Dave Bing's.

Okay, so your computers are old. Tough shit. Unless you're working for a Fortune 500 Company, chances are that is the case nowadays. If I said to my boss, "Oh, sorry, I couldn't do my job, my computer is old" I'd get fired, as I well should. You can bet my computer is a steaming pile of shit, and that of my staff is even worse, but you know what? We work with what we've got. If I told my boss I couldn't spend 20 million fucking dollars from the feds because my computer is old, I'd be drawn, quartered, and my privy parts cut off. Get the picture, BING?

So your technology is out of date. Cry me a fucking river. Well, they've been collecting taxes, in other places besides here, anyway, for the past 6,000 years, without computers for most of that chunk of history. Maybe if you weren't a retarded asshole and didn't employ a bunch of morons, you could too. Just a thought, darling.

And Mayor Bing, I just got and paid my tax bill, which should buy you a pretty nice PC, so get the job done or you're fired, you slack-jawed troglodyte.
    Last edited by poobert; December-23-12 at 10:27 PM.