Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Lorax, I would love to buy gasoline for 35 cents. I didn't know that if government drilled, lifted, refined, transported, and distributed petroleum products that we would have 35 cent gasoline. Gee, just the taxes on gasoline are higher than that now. Governments, at all levels, must have been holding back in New Orleans. That aside, 35 cent gas offers new hope that some Obama /Kennedy plan will resolve healthcare affordability. Corporate greed, and those same corporations reciprical relationships with certain politicians, unfortunately have been holding back both private and public initiatives that would reduce the cost of health care. My suggestion is for advocates of both private and public health care affordability initiatives to first focus on initiatives they both agree on and get that dead wood out of the way. Then we can argue about whether e.g. $50 cash only medical clinics and $4 Walmart prescriptions vs. one payer Ontario like government plans are the way to go. Either would be more affordable than the corporatist health care system we now have or its expansion under an Obama/Kennedy plan.
    Last edited by oladub; June-22-09 at 11:38 AM. Reason: eliminated copy of post being responded to