Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
Last year I went to an event that I was invited to by some type of entrepreneurial initiative from the University of Michigan. They had the event in two cities: New York and San Francisco. They brought students who had participated in an entrepreneur competition and had some very good ideas. One of the students had the idea about an online clothes rental service or something like that; it was written about in the Free Press. Nearly all of the students that I spoke to aspired to live in places like New York or San Francisco, so it was pretty obvious why that event put on by the University of Michigan, was not being held in Detroit, Michigan...
I was at the same event you were, and I know Bebarang. Fantastic guy. He had very compelling reasons for moving to the West Coast.

But it's also a bit self-selective, wouldn't you say? Of course UofM would send entrepreneurs interested in SF and NYC to....SF and NYC.

There's at least a half dozen companies planted at the M@dison right now that emerged from competitions at Michigan/MSU.