Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Just because you get it on the ballot does not mean it will pass. Two independant actions. We are probably better off not holding an election. Quite frankly, any mayor with as many issues as he has with council will be ineffective. I don't blame Bling, its more the circumstances.

Normally I'd say, "what a fucking waste of time and money" but this time I'm all in.

Why? Bing isn't just "ineffectual." He hasn't accomplished anything. It also isn't just council's fault - thought they are, indeed, mentally deficient - he has had a revolving door of managers, advisers, and department heads. It is emphatically not a sign of leadership when your own chiefs desert you - continually. Although some were former Kwame people he kept around [[Human Services Department head) and allowed corruption to continue unabated under his administration until a third party moved in and exposed them. It isn't just city folk, either. He's proved duplicitous with the state, too.

Then the business of personal integrity. I don't think he's corrupt, per say, but of the few coherent promises he made were to: not take a salary, not live in the Manoogian, and tear down 10,000 structures. He took the salary and the mansion and isn't even to the halfway mark [[as if demolition in itself meant progress).

I also have firsthand knowledge here. Being as vague as possible, a group I sit on the board with was quite excited about a highly-publicized initiative he created to stabilize the city. We found out from his inner circle that it was just a PR stunt. It was made up, a lie, a sham. There was no plan. Nothing was getting done, so they created an entire project for the cameras, and had no intention of following through with it. That is the story of his entire administration. We now ignore him. He isn't really in charge, anyway. No one is.

There is the cost aspect of the recall but I've learned in life there is one thing you can't ever get back or buy: time. Detroit is dying. Every day matters. Every day that Bing does nothing - travels to SF, slams his employees on national news - Detroit is sinking further into oblivion. By God, two months less of him could allow someone to grab the wheel and right this ship. It's a total Hail Mary, but the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. Bing will just glower upon us as we continue our path to hell, the longer we keep him around.

Recalled? We lost golden opportunity to save this city. In the Kwame aftermath, the right man or woman could have come in and cleaned house. He claimed, unconvincingly, to be that person, and came in and wasted 4 years. Now we're broke and lost how many tax-paying citizens in that time? I think he should be drawn, quartered, and hung at Five Points, Kelly, Alter, and West Warren. However I will settle for recalled.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Normally I'd say, "what a fucking waste of time and money" but this time I'm all in.

Why? Bing isn't just "ineffectual." He hasn't accomplished anything. It also isn't just council's fault - thought they are, indeed, mentally deficient - he has had a revolving door of managers, advisers, and department heads. It is emphatically not a sign of leadership when your own chiefs desert you - continually. Although some were former Kwame people he kept around [[Human Services Department head) and allowed corruption to continue unabated under his administration until a third party moved in and exposed them. It isn't just city folk, either. He's proved duplicitous with the state, too.

Then the business of personal integrity. I don't think he's corrupt, per say, but of the few coherent promises he made were to: not take a salary, not live in the Manoogian, and tear down 10,000 structures. He took the salary and the mansion and isn't even to the halfway mark [[as if demolition in itself meant progress).

I also have firsthand knowledge here. Being as vague as possible, a group I sit on the board with was quite excited about a highly-publicized initiative he created to stabilize the city. We found out from his inner circle that it was just a PR stunt. It was made up, a lie, a sham. There was no plan. Nothing was getting done, so they created an entire project for the cameras, and had no intention of following through with it. That is the story of his entire administration. We now ignore him. He isn't really in charge, anyway. No one is.

There is the cost aspect of the recall but I've learned in life there is one thing you can't ever get back or buy: time. Detroit is dying. Every day matters. Every day that Bing does nothing - travels to SF, slams his employees on national news - Detroit is sinking further into oblivion. By God, two months less of him could allow someone to grab the wheel and right this ship. It's a total Hail Mary, but the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. Bing will just glower upon us as we continue our path to hell, the longer we keep him around.

Recalled? We lost golden opportunity to save this city. In the Kwame aftermath, the right man or woman could have come in and cleaned house. He claimed, unconvincingly, to be that person, and came in and wasted 4 years. Now we're broke and lost how many tax-paying citizens in that time? I think he should be drawn, quartered, and hung at Five Points, Kelly, Alter, and West Warren. However I will settle for recalled.
    What Poobert said.