Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Let's see what Gores says:

"I don't think you want to leave it and just say, 'Nice to see you,' to the Palace," Gores said. "I don't want to do that. In the meantime, if the future is downtown, and that's what we have to do to grow, I'm not against that."

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.s...ed_to_d_1.html

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post

"I don't think you want to leave it and just say, 'Nice to see you,' to the Palace," Gores said. "I don't want to do that. In the meantime, if the future is downtown, and that's what we have to do to grow, I'm not against that."

Which pretty much refutes what you and others are saying.

Taken at face value, Gores is saying the Palace is fine for now, and who knows what happens in the future. No one is saying the Palace will stand for centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Which pretty much refutes what you and others are saying.

Taken at face value, Gores is saying the Palace is fine for now, and who knows what happens in the future. No one is saying the Palace will stand for centuries.
    actually, it 100% supports it. we've said the business case would send him downtown at some point. I even said it wouldn't be in 5 years, but that he'd start thinking that way when the palace turns 30

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post

He knows eventually he will have to relocate BACK Downtown, even though he thinks the Palace is fine for now. Like I said, once the new Red Wing is built he will join Ilitch, period. Many reasons why I feel this way, it just make sense. Also, why are people on this forum stating "How will this be payed for, etc...OMG, It's payed by him and other investors. This arena will be built believe it or not...I'm sick of hearing people say this won't happen.