Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
Trains cross all over Van Dyke, McNichols and Davison, leaving you stuck, having to go miles out of the way, or at it's worst trapped. Exactly.
I used to have reason a few years ago to take Van Dyke to 8 Mile. Several times I thought I'd never see my home again. And yes, you can literally go MILES out of your way just to get around it. As far as City Airport, has anyone been to Cleveland? They put a small corporate jet-type airport on their waterfront, about where Hart Plaza is. To me, it looked like it increased their downtown business quite a bit. Jets would fly shooters in, they would do what they had to do, then fly out. Dennis Archer campaigned strongly to expand City Airport. The problem is the big cemetery @ one end, was in the way of the expansion. When he proposed to exume and move the bodies in that portion of the cemetery, the idea was met with such resistance, he gave up on it. I personally think the City could capitalize on expanding City Airport services, and it could bring in new and more business.