Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
DUH!!!! *I* should do something about that!! Clearly!

I have no idea where the ridiculous and bizarre idea that if something is wrong and you're not personally fixing it then you don't have the right to speak about it.

It's one thing for someone to mow the grass on the empty lot next door or to pick up trash.

But it's not reasonable for someone to buy and renovate abandoned buildings downtown [["don't like that abandoned midrise?? Well why don't YOU renovate it!?!"). It's true that some people's financial situations allow them to do things like that, but most people wouldn't even afford a single unit in one of those buildings much less afford to renovate it.

But it's completely unreasonable to drag that argument out for streetscaping projects and traffic engineering. No, replacing rusted out streetlights is not me or we. It is they. That's the city's job or maybe the city and developer's job in some cases.

It's not hard to find weird intersections and streets in Detroit. The whole area of West Grand Boulevard, 96, Grand River, Tireman and Scotten is crazy. Then there's the random half mile stretch of West Grand Boulevard that has that "service drive". Or The intersection of Grand River, MLK, and Trumble which interestingly enough was planned to be replaced by a traffic circle in the early 1900s. Jefferson Avenue downtown is a complete zoo. West Grand Boulevard in SW Detroit changes form every few blocks in response to apparently nothing.
Yes, I tried to stress the same scenario to "48202", it doesn't matter who, you, I,..."ALL" should do their part diligently, where fit. Why does it matter who gets it done, just get it done. By all means necessary, siting around complaining wont help either. Do your part..