Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

plan for the hudson's block are what interest me most. i hope the plan has matured from what he released a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    plan for the hudson's block are what interest me most. i hope the plan has matured from what he released a year ago.
    Yes!!! Me too, I hope he include everything he planned or more. Retail concept [[Apple Store) on ground-level and two 30-story residential towers above, hopefully. Hudson site is well overdue for redevelopment, can't wait to see a completed streetwall with retail along Woodward from GCP to CMP.

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Yes!!! Me too, I hope he include everything he planned or more. Retail concept [[Apple Store) on ground-level and two 30-story residential towers above, hopefully. Hudson site is well overdue for redevelopment, can't wait to see a completed streetwall with retail along Woodward from GCP to CMP.
    Not so fast.... remember nothing over 15-18 stories on that block... it's all the garage and the girder farm will bear [[load wise)....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Not so fast.... remember nothing over 15-18 stories on that block... it's all the garage and the girder farm will bear [[load wise)....
    !!!!! Oh, well thats cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Well, maybe we can get something much taller on the Monroe, Statler and Tuller Site. No less than 30-stories, it should make a statement. We have to think outside the box a little, design wise.

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Well, maybe we can get something much taller on the Monroe, Statler and Tuller Site. No less than 30-stories, it should make a statement. We have to think outside the box a little, design wise.
    You mean like Quinn's old idea for a new Quickens HQ for the Statler? lol...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

In 1975 Donald Trump saved New York City buy making very risky real estate ventures from its Financial District to Midtown areas of Manhattan.

In 2010 Dan Gilbert saved Detroit buy making very risky real estate ventures from Downtown Detroit to Midtown.

What a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    In 1975 Donald Trump saved New York City buy making very risky real estate ventures from its Financial District to Midtown areas of Manhattan.

In 2010 Dan Gilbert saved Detroit buy making very risky real estate ventures from Downtown Detroit to Midtown.

What a coincidence.

That would never work here. Dan gilbert does not look like he has a fox nesting on his head!

Trump Was Right!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    That would never work here. Dan gilbert does not look like he has a fox nesting on his head!
    His venture plan is working. See how he transform and utilize many vacant buildings and parking lots in Dowtown Detroit into occupied wonders in 3 years. I was shocked.