Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    This is why tarriffs [[import taxes) are needed - to equalize the playing field between the US paying a worker a decent wage and a 3rd world country [[or China) paying a kid $2.00 an hour to build the same product.

The government keeps complaining how they need more revenue - bring back the import tax.
    Papasito, there is a HUGE loophole in regards to IT jobs that went to India. The software that they produce [[which in a sense is little different from any tangible product produced overseas and shipped here)... comes back to the USA over internet lines CUSTOMS and TAX free.

Give you an example... I wrote a 2,800 page collectors guide on LEGO [[the toy)... I can send it as a downloadable E-Book to any country in the world [[688MB of data can be transmitted anywhere in the world in 2-10 minutes, depending on internet speed). And it goes Customs free.

But the moment someone requests it as a physical DVD copy of my LEGO guide to be mailed to them... I have to fill out the necessary Customs form and ship it to them, and they have to pay any duty that is required to ship to their country.

So there is a BIG loophole in things produced in one country and shipped free to another country. This needs to stop!!
    Last edited by Gistok; November-06-12 at 01:47 PM.