Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
Being of German decent I do know what food of fatherland should taste like! Were you ever able to go to the Little Cafe now there was place that did bavarian cuisine properly! The last time I ate at the DI my wife and I both had to send back our meals the german potato salad did not even look like it had a potato in it the main course for both of us was STONE cold. When we did get meals back I almost puked the meat was pretty much rancid! I have never had such LOUSY food anywhere in the metropolitan area!
So to answer your question YES I do know what I am talking about.
p69rrh51, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience @ DI. I have eaten there on numerous occaisions, with friends, and though the food doesn't fit what I would consider "authentic" German food, your "rancid" and "lousy" descriptions of the fare there are a bit over the top. As far as restaurants in Hamtown go, authentic Polish food, including potato pancakes, left YEARS ago with the Polish migration to 23 mile & Van Dyke. I know what you mean about ethnic backgrounds and decent. I can't ever recall my family sitting down to a meal of "pickle on a stick".