Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
Well there is a chance that things snowball if a few key projects do happen like the Broderick rehab into condos. I would even venture this thought; if good quality industrial properties are rehabbed like the Yellow Pages bldg into lofts in areas close to downtown, midtown; it will make a difference. If schools that would otherwise be demo'ed or vandalized are turned into safe, large residential bldgs, it will better the chances of a comeback. There is strength and safety in numbers, and that is what these larger buildings provide for folks who would like to take a chance on living in the city.

I think detroiters need the influx of people living in the dense downtown, New Center Midtown neighborhoods. This augmented density can help the lower density hoods survive. That is why a lot of concerted energy should be directed at using the attractiveness of downtown monumental architecture, promoting rehabs of older bldgs into residences, and fostering small businesses in the core. The city needs a focus, it doesnt need to multiply newfangled parking lot
schemes for office staff.
I think like you Canuck, density is key! Its does work..We do need a focus and we need more people on board.