Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

People can bury their heads in the sand all they want, the fact is crime knows no boundaries.

I'm sure this would have more coverage in the media if this were happening in Detroit, or even Wayne County, but it is confined to the "safe" communities, far from the big bad city.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/..._river_default

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    I'm sure this would have more coverage in the media if this were happening in Detroit, or even Wayne County, but it is confined to the "safe" communities, far from the big bad city.
    What are you smoking? This story has gathered international media attention and only one person has been injured.

If anything, this story is getting much, much more media coverage because it's in a "safe" area and also because of the likeness to the DC Sniper incident.

Hopefully all the media coverage will help find this lunatic and get him or her behind bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    ......People cry about the reporting of shootings and murders in Detroit, but they happen with great frequency. That's fact. To put it in perspective, Detroit alone accounts for 53% of Michigan's homicides. Out of nearly 10 million people in Michigan, over half the murders are committed in one city of 700,000 people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    People can bury their heads in the sand all they want, the fact is crime knows no boundaries......
    Hmmm.... who should I believe - someone with data to back up their factual claim or someone who offers only a tired cliche and calls it a "fact"?

I think I'll go with Shollin!