Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by scbaker View Post
    Do the sanborn maps list the name of the businesses that were located along that strip during a specific time frame? The only images that I have of the old business district is what I have stored in my memory. And of course over time those images are becoming very faint. I would love to reconstruct that business strip even if it is just on paper.

My friend and I have searched the internet high and low for any images of the business district at Mack & Chalmers. None seem to exist accept for the WSU picture taken in 1938. Unfortunately, Cunningham's is the only store that is clearly visable in the shot.

The only remnants left of the Mack & Chalmers Shopping Center is the tall sign on the corner that says...Mack & Chalmers Shopping Center.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    The only remnants left of the Mack & Chalmers Shopping Center is the tall sign on the corner that says...Mack & Chalmers Shopping Center.
    I have seen that picture. A lonely sign pointing to what was.

No one that I know of has any pictures of that business district. We just did not go up and down Mack Ave. snapping pictures. I guess we never gave it any thought that it wouldn't always be there.