Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by skatedetroit View Post
    On a side note, there have been quite a few attacks at the Packard Plant as of late due to the huge influx of clueless "tourists" to the site. Several people have been beat up and had their money/valuables/cars, etc. stolen. In addition, Detroit Police/Border Patrol have been frequenting the premises and handing out trespassing tickets.
    So even after being warned to stay out you not only proceeded but also carried gasoline into a known arson complex,you are wearing protective head gear i hope,or you need to start.

Canada does not have any empty buildings that you can do this in? From one outsider to another these people have enough on their hands and really do not need those coming from other cities,states or even countries adding more to the pile.Have a little respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Have a little respect.
    Never said this was me or that I was involved in any way......

Anyway, I am not from Canada and neither were most of the people in this aside from the person that wrote the article. Regardless, these skateboarders swept, shoveled, and cleaned large areas of the Packard and built things out of existing garbage and debris to be used. How exactly is this adding to the pile?

One last thing I wanted to add on to this post. That small fire was started by a homeless man hanging around the area that stopped to watch. They did not handle or carry gasoline anywhere. They did thoroughly put out and extinguish the fire though after standing around it for a few moments.
    Last edited by skatedetroit; August-11-12 at 09:15 AM.

Occurrence Guest

Hipsters are bad enough, but now skateboarders? People still skateboard?

And who did you hear from about people being "attacked" and border patrol handing out trespassing tickets? Border Patrol are Federal, they wouldn't be anywhere near the Packard Plant unless they were chasing someone who illegally crossed the river. They certainly wouldn't be issuing trespassing tickets at a place that is wide open like Swiss cheese.

Where are you getting your information?
    Last edited by Occurrence; August-10-12 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post

And who did you hear from about people being "attacked" and border patrol handing out trespassing tickets? Border Patrol are Federal, they wouldn't be anywhere near the Packard Plant unless they were chasing someone who illegally crossed the river. They certainly wouldn't be issuing trespassing tickets at a place that is wide open like Swiss cheese.

Where are you getting your information?
    Yes......skateboarding is actually bigger than ever, including in the Detroit area.

As for the Border Patrol, both myself and a friend have witnessed them lurking the premises on different occasions recently. I was baffled by it as well. I have not heard anything about Border Patrol handing out trespassing tickets [[I apologize for that misleading sentence in my original post), but I know of for a fact that Detroit Police have been giving out trespassing tickets lately.

As for the attacks, I met someone this past week that had his nose broken and was robbed along with two of his buddies while there. Two days prior to this, my friend that was passing by saw the police there interviewing people about two girls that had just been beat up and had their car stolen. Apparently instances such as these have been happening with some regularity the past couple of weeks - but I only heard that secondhand.

Skateboarding is huge now. And a lot more multicultural than when it was last popular in the late 80s/early 90s.

Ok please explain what is wrong with hipsters, please do. I cannot wait to hear the end of this.