Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I would guess that the Southland Best Buy is not going anywhere. Even if the corp is looking to make their stores smaller that Southland Best Buy, even before it moved from the corner of Eureka and Dix, was always very busy. It has to be one of the top selling Best Buys in the country?

Quote Originally Posted by BEEAH View Post
    I would guess that the Southland Best Buy is not going anywhere. Even if the corp is looking to make their stores smaller that Southland Best Buy, even before it moved from the corner of Eureka and Dix, was always very busy. It has to be one of the top selling Best Buys in the country?
    I don't know what to say on that. Do you remember what the final food court restaurants were before Best Buy moved in? I remember some: McDonald's, Sawa Family Restaurant [[an independent restaurant), Dairy Queen and Subway. I think East Bay Cafe [[another indie) was there too in it's final days. I do know that three of the restaurants [[Subway, DQ and Sawa) moved to other areas of the mall. I know that Subway is now where the corridor leading to the old Mervyn's branches off from the "U" around Macy's [[next to one of the recently-closed stores I mentioned) and that DQ is now a kiosk in the east end of the "U", but I don't know where Sawa moved. I think it moved to the corridor leading to JCPenney.

Could you also just imagine what Southland would've been like if Best Buy instead moved into the old Mervyn's, saving the food court?
    Last edited by mtburb; August-09-12 at 01:22 PM.

I guess this puts the speculation to rest...

http://www.freep.com/article/2012081...text|FRONTPAGE

Long live Southland!