Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
Needless to say, I kicked myself all the way home...
Even for most of us who were home I wouldn't say I'd kick both ass cheeks for missing a part of it but it was close.

I was beat ass tired today. I was thrilled to see that the Tigers had tied it but was left sorely disappointed in the bottom of the 9th when we had the bases juiced, they had walked Miggy & Fielder, and gotten Berry to get themselves out of the inning. I stuck around and actually watched a bit more until Benoit started serving up long balls. That was prime time for me to go take a nap.

Fortunately I could still hear Mario & Rod make the call from the other room. I couldn't make out exact words but one could tell from the pitch and the excitement in their voices something was up. I haul ass out just in time to see Miggy punch one out and see Comerica Park go nuts. So I see the decisive blow but I missed the Austin Jackson & Omar Infante pokes that led up to the big swat.

Damn exciting. And as a fan of this team it was also gratifying to see Miggy drag Jackson out to the camera to take his props. He's the big stick but still gave it all up for Jackson who is having a helluva year. Nice touch.