Were there is a will, there is a way, sick of excuses
Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
I'm not the one to make excuses for the 'segment' of folk who have little ambition to improve their lot, be it school, work or training! But hoping on the bus is not so easy... for anyone!

I too rode the buses as a child, with parents, and later as a teen and a bit in my early 20's. Have been driving since thankfully as bus transportation has become increasingly unreliable and haggard over the last 25 years.

As a teacher at a suburban community college, I've had hard working, serious students struggle to get to class and then back home or to work on the buses [[DOT and SMART).

Wait times are well beyond acceptable. Miss a bus connection, and you are done, three hours later - late to your destination.

To 'confirm' what I was hearing and seeing I was in between cars for a couple of months and had my taste of it personally. I was barely able to get to class ahead of my students! Had to take cabs often or get a ride until I purchased a replacement car.

The bus systems as it stands now is not reliable transportation. I hear some jobs are asking if you drive, if the answer is no, sometime that impacts their choice to hire you.

Good this store is thriving as everyone cannot get out to suburban grocery stores. And I am tired of the grim-grime grocers with their 'captive audience' approach to quality and pricing!